Saturday, April 24, 2010

DTC

We finally got notification from the agency that they had all of our paperwork back from DC and that we should be DTC on Monday!!!!!! For those of you who thought this should have already happened let me give you some advice. Make sure you double check all your dates on all your paperwork. My local background check ended up being dated incorrectly and no one caught it until it was in DC and 8 days ago I spent the day getting it redone and taking it thru the state level process of getting it state sealed. The process was not hard but very frustrating and a lot of running to have everything verified before it could go on to the next step. I was lucky that I spoke to people who knew a lot more about what I was doing than I did!! Remember to thank your agency if they take care of these steps for you, I know I did because I couldn't imagine doing this for every piece of paper that has to go to China. Anyway the most important part of this post is that as of Monday we will be DTC and one step closer to bringing Courtney home!!!!

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations! I know what a relief that is!
    That's another HUGE step behind you!

    Have a great day!
    Tammy

    ReplyDelete